Friday, April 8, 2011

a crumpled piece of paper…

0407112356-00 (2) Another sleepless night...I find myself reading quotes that make me smile, inspire me, and help me understand a little more about myself.  As I look through a file folder stuffed with  different sizes and colors of paper, I find a piece of paper that has been crumpled and worn.  The writing is smeared but the words are real.  The words, “...in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway” pop out as if they were the only ones on the page.  My heart starts to pound and a tear escapes my eye as I reflect on the amazing relationship that I have with my Heavenly Father.  Gratitude fills my heart and warms my whole body.   How grateful I am to know that my Heavenly Father loves me.  I feel it everyday even…during the many sleepless nights.  He is real and when it comes down to it...everything is between He and I. 

“People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;  Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, People may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, They may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.”
~ Mother Teresa

~Michelle

 

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Wow... that quote is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this, Michelle. Love ya, pal!

¡Vieve! said...

That quote is so great - I really liked it. Thanks for sharing it!