Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mom…

Early early this morning, I received a text that one of our young woman’s mom in our stake passed away.  This little 15 year old is left without a mom or dad (her dad passed away about a year ago).  My heart broke when I heard the news.  I feel so bad and so helpless.  I have no idea what to do.  Erin,  I am so sorry you have to experience this type of pain. Even though you do not see it, our Heavenly Father loves you so much and is so aware of your pain.

PICT0090(My mom & her little buddy)

Then, I started thinking about my mom.  I have an awesome mom.  I am not sure what I would do without her in my everyday life.  I love her so much.  For the past two weeks, we have had a bit of a scare.  Mom’s health hasn’t been the greatest lately.  Two weeks ago, the doctor ordered some tests.  The first set of tests included a colonoscopy.  During this test, the doctor removed a pre-cancerous polyp. He told mom that she was really lucky that her regular doctor ordered this test.  He said that if she waited much longer, it could have been cancerous.  He also noticed a large mass that looked abnormal and not quite right.  He ordered another set of tests.  He was not hopeful that these tests would turn out in my mom’s favor.  When I heard this…I immediately called the temple and placed my mom’s name upon the prayer roll.  I have such a strong testimony of prayer.

This past Friday, Mom went in for some more tests. Meanwhile, Mom’s name has been placed on the temple prayer rolls and lots and lots of people are praying for her.

Today…Mom received a phone call from her doctor.  EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE!!!  No need to worry anymore.  I am so grateful.  I know that my mom is ok due to the power of prayer!!!  I truly believe in the miracle of prayer.  I really do!!

I love you Mom!!!

Michelle

3 comments:

Shelby said...

That is so sad that that little girl has to go through that! I couldn't imagine being without my mom or my dad! I'm so glad that you're mom is ok! I do believe in prayer as well, I've seen it in my own life.

¡Vieve! said...

Thank goodness for Mama Gren being fine! Now, she just needs to eat the magic cupcakes... *wink*

Angela said...

Im so glad your Mom is doing good. Im so grateful for my Mom and all the time she puts in hanging out with my son while Im at work and for her friendship. I love Erin she lives with her sister now still in our Stake.