Monday, March 29, 2010

Cleansing power of the atonement

white-lilies “Remember, it is the cleansing power of the Atonement that makes it possible for us to be virtuous. We all make mistakes, but “because the Savior loves you and has given His life for you, you can repent. Repentance is an act of faith in Jesus Christ. . . . The Savior’s atoning sacrifice has made it possible for you to be forgiven of your sins. . . . Determine to partake worthily of the sacrament each week and fill your life with virtuous activities that will bring spiritual power. As you do this, you will grow stronger in your ability to resist temptation, keep the commandments [remain clean], and become more like Jesus Christ”

(Young Women Personal Progress [insert, 2009], 3).

Daily habits of righteous behavior will also help you to continually hold fast to the rod. “


(Mary N. Cook, General Young Women Meeting, March 2009)

I love  how it says that we all make mistakes but because the Savior loves us and has given His life for each one of us…we have the opportunity and privilege to repent. The cleansing power of the Atonement is amazing!!!

Michelle

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I agree Mich! I love the atonement so much because I've had to use it a lot during my life so I really appreciate it. :) Thanks for sharing that quote darlin'! I needed to hear it