Monday, September 28, 2009

expressions…

larry_pretzels Tonight, I had a lot of time to think…I was dipping little pretzels into chocolate.  It is kind of a thoughtless process. So, there was plenty of time to think. I have felt that have I had all these open file folders in my jumbled brain…unopened and scattered every which way. I have needed to organize my thoughts and place them in the proper place and in the proper order.

As I was thinking…a scene popped into my head from the movie Bed of Roses. It is where Christian Slater is explaining the reason he delivers flowers. I can not remember the exact quote but it was something to the affect that he loves to see the expressions on people’s faces. I love to watch people and most of all I love to see their expressions on their faces.

So, I really needed to focus on something different then the thoughts that were jumbled in my head. The thought popped into my head, “go find some expressions.” I ran upstairs and found my stash of cute and precious bags and ribbon. Headed down the stairs, taking them two and three at time…until boom!!! OUCH!!! That was not going to stop me…I was on a mission.

I filled the bags with chocolate covered pretzels, tied them with a bow and headed out the door. What did I find at the homes of my sweet recipients…smiles, hugs, laughter, and gratitude…what a perfect night!!! I am not sure that they knew that their expression would brighten my day…but it did!!! Maybe I was being selfish…I needed to find something happy to focus on…someone else’s expression…and guess what…I did find what I was looking for it was…HAPPINESS!!

Happy day to all of you!!

Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

In case you have ever had any doubt, you are one of my most favorite people on this whole entire planet. And I'm not just saying that because of the pretzels.

I think you hit on something here- I like to do nice things for others when I am feeling down, and I think you figured out exactly why. It is very uplifting to see their expressions or just to know you made someone else happy, isn't it?

You're awesome.

¡Vieve! said...

How sweet to bring treats to people! I love seeing people's expressions, whether it's a present or just a story telling.