Friday, October 2, 2009

into the woods…

calendar-into-the-woods Tonight, I went with one of my most dearest friends, Vieve to dinner and a play.  We decided to attend Into the Woods at the Scera.  We arrived early to pick up our tickets.  We found our seats and waited and waited.  The play was suppose to start at 7:30 PM.  Around 7:45 PM, an announcement comes over the loud speaker explaining that there were still a lot of people out in the lobby getting their tickets so, the play will not start for a few more minutes.  WHAT?  Anyway, fifteen minutes later, the play begins.  At this point, I am falling in love with this play.  It was great!! 

Then, we hear screaming…(I thought it was part of the play)…then, an actress turns towards the audience and screams, “Dad, Dad, come here!”.

 Screaming till happening on stage.

A man jumps from his seat and hops onto the stage…(I am still thinking…is this part of the play?). 

I remember looking at Vieve and she was looking straight ahead. 

 Screaming till happening on stage.

The man that jumped on the stage turns and yells, “Is there a doctor in the house?”  A man jumps up and runs towards the stage.  The current goes down.  We hear from the stage, “Call 9-1-1!”

About fifteen minutes later, an actor explains that “Little Red Riding Hood” was hurt and is being taken to the hospital.  Then, he explained that they would wait ten more minutes and re-evaluate the situation. 

About fifteen minutes later, the play goes on. 

It was amazing!!  I am amazed at how these actors and actresses were able to regroup and perform.  They were great!!!

As for a calm night out…it definitely was not!!!  

Michelle

P. S.  I do hope that Little Red Riding Hood is ok. 

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

That was some crazy times! I can't believe that actually happened when we went!

Maleen said...

Poor Red Riding Hood! Although I feel kind of bad for you guys too. That play is freakishly long to begin with not counting starting late and then a break for emergencies. Whew, I guess you got your monies worth.

Gerb said...

I LOVE Into The Woods! I was Cinderella in a mini production of that in high school. However... our Red Riding Hood did not need 9-1-1. But... "who knows what may be lurking on the journey?"