Saturday, September 12, 2009

Miss Brylie…

DSC02150 My sweet little niece, Brylie, had a routine check up with the most amazing Ophthalmologist-Dr. Scott Larson.  He will be someone that I will consider a hero.  During her check-up, he felt prompted to dilate her beautiful brown eyes.  He ordered a MRI to confirm what he was seeing.  Her brain was swelling.  Her brain was touching her optical nerves.

Immediately, the process began…information sent up to Primary Children’s Hospital to one of the most amazing Nero-surgeons—Dr. Rev-Cambrine.  My brother & sister-in-law went to Primary’s for a consult and Brylie ended up being admitted right at that time.  They needed to relieve the swelling on her brain.  Time was crucial. 

That night, Mom, Dad and I went to see Miss Brylie.  I had the opportunity and privilege to take care of her while they all went to get something to eat.  It was just me and my little buddy in the room.  We read books, cuddled and read more books.  She is definitely a trooper!  Later, Miss Brylie and I decided to walk up and down the halls.  We would be walking down the hall and she would look up at me with her big brown beautiful eyes and smile.  It just melted my heart. I would not have traded that moment with anything in the world.  She means so much to me!

Her grandpa (my dad) along with the elders gave Brylie the most beautiful and powerful blessing.  It was peaceful and truly powerful.  WOW!!  I am glad that I have a testimony of priesthood blessings.

Thursday, she underwent surgery.  We were able witness so many miracles.  Brylie was truly protected and her doctors and nurses were guided through her whole surgery.  Prayers were answered!  They definitely were!

When they brought Brylie up from recovery, my heart was so full of gratitude.  I am grateful for the amazing team of doctors and nurses that took care of her.  They were always checking on her and making sure that she was comfortable and ok. 

I love you my little buddy!!!

Michelle

5 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Hells yeah she's doing better! Thank goodness!

Maleen said...

Holy Cow! Why was her brain swelling in the first place? Did they fix it permanently? I am so glad that she is doing better and she went through surgery okay. I think you must be the best aunt that ever lived. I may have to borrow you sometime; I don't even HAVE an aunt.

Ammie said...

Oh my!! I'm so glad they found out what was wrong. That Dr. Larson is great! That would be so hard for your family. I know how much you love her. I'm so glad she is being taken care of.

Angela said...

The poor little thing how scarey. How did they know something was even wrong with her? I hope she continues to get better

Gerb said...

Michelle - Dr. Larson is my good friend's brother. The whole Larson family is awesome. I am SO SO glad to hear that Brylie is doing better now. And you know what? YOU are one of MY heroes. For reals.