Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing!

I will be honest, I am not a true fan of visiting teaching.  I know, I know….how can I say that? But, I feel that I should be honest with all of you…I am just NOT a fan of such a task.  I do have to say that I do LOVE to talk to people.  I just do not not like being assigned to talk to certain people.  Does that make sense?

So, when Jen, my visiting teaching partner, called and asked me when would be a good time to visit those that have been ASSIGNED, I just was not all excited.  I might add…I DO LOVE THE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO LOVE VISIT.

We visited our first two sisters…they are such sweethearts. Then, we went to our last one (which is also a sweetheart).  Her husband greeted us outside and asked if we were okay with wild animals.  Jen and I thought that he was referring to their two dogs.  He grabbed his wife and took us to his backyard where we were able to see the most adorable baby (2 weeks old) raccoons. 

Of course, I am not the type of person that plays and cuddles with animals.  I am definitely a girly girl.  But, after a lot of persuasion and laughter, I held the most adorable raccoon.  Oh, he was so cute. He did make me squirm a little bit when he snuggled up to me.  Then, he fell fast asleep. Oh, my goodness, I have never held such a thing.  His little hands were a tad bit creepy but, so adorable.

n1418900079_387540_3788772 Jen loves animals and she was in high heaven with the baby raccoon that she was holding.  In fact, her raccoon was snoring.  TOO CUTE!!

4401_1147988426088_1418900079_387542_1074178_n

Personally, I think that we were a bit too hilarious for our visiting teachee…Kami.  She just kept laughing at us.  Just think…if visiting teaching was like this every month…ok… you get the drift.

As for me, I am still the girly girl.  I do not think that I will own such an adorable creature in this lifetime.

 

Have a great day!!

Michelle

3 comments:

Maleen said...

How did they get baby raccoons and where was I??? I love raccoons! I'm proud of you for holding one.

¡Vieve! said...

That was the cutest thing ever! I totally want to hold one!

Ammie said...

That is so cute! The little raccoon on your shoulder. Adorable!