Saturday, September 29, 2007

A new beginning....

I love this time of year. When summer is changing to fall, when the leaves are changing colors, when the weather is cooling down(oh, I love sweater & sweatshirt weather), LDS General Conference is around the corner and it is the start to a new beginning. I once heard someone (oh, how, I wish I could remember who said it) say that General Conference time is like a new beginning. It happens every 6 months and it is a perfect time to reflect on what you have done since the previous General Conference. The thoughts and questions that might be asked--were you kinder to one another? Were you more thoughtful? Were you more restrained in criticism?Were you more generous with compliments? It is a nice time to rethink how we are doing and what we are doing. What can we work on during the next 6 months? How can we be a better person? Is there anyone we can help?

Tonight, I attended the LDS Relief Society broadcast at the Conference Center with some dear friends. It was amazing!!! I had never been inside this incredibly beautiful building. Let me just add...it was FABULOUS!!! Even though this building is structurally beautiful, the spirit inside was more incredible than I can describe.

As I think of the all things that I could & would have been doing on this particular Saturday evening, I am grateful to know that I was in a place where I was suppose to be. I am grateful to be in the same builiding as our Prophet, President Gordan B. Hinckley and other amazing leaders. The words that were spoken by our General Relief Society Presidency and by President Thomas S. Monson were exactly what I needed to hear. In fact, I felt that the things that were spoken were directed in my behalf. Isn't it fabulous when you feel that way? I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. I know without a shadow of doubt that this is the only true church upon this earth.


Even thought it was cold and stormy outside today....Today was a beautiful day and a great way to start a new beginning!!!

3 comments:

Gerb said...

Did you ride on the buses with the stake? If so, I WAS ON THE WRONG BUS!! I was there, too, and I agree completely. It is always a great meeting.

Chelle! said...

Gerb-- I ended up driving with some friends in my neighborhood. We stopped off at Outback for dinner, went to the conference, and then had ice cream at Leatherby's. What a fabulous night!! If I would have rode the bus, I would have checked every bus to see which one you were on. Oh, that might not have been a good thing for the bus driver...ha ha!!

Gerb said...

We assumed that since the buses left at 3:30 pm, we were eating dinner there before the conference. Nope. So we went from 3:30 pm until 9:00 pm (when the bus finally got back) without dinner! Next time, I'm packing a sandwich. Or coming with you. =0)