Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ok…let the adventures begin…

As of late, it seems like every time I turn around, a trial has been placed in my way waiting for me to overcome it. I am not sure if I should be grateful that I get to experience new things or if I should start wondering what is going on. Ok…I pick the “wondering what is going on” part. See, several weeks ago, I thought that I had come down with the stomach flu. Every time I ate and every time I did not eat, my upper part of my abdomen would hurt like crazy and I would end up throwing up. I wasn’t getting any better and the pain was starting to become unbearable. After going through this little trial for a while, I felt that I needed to seek medical help. After many blood tests, I found out that I did not have the stomach flu. Of course not!!! That would be simple. SIMPLE!! No, I cannot be simple---I have to be complex!!! I had come down with a bacterial virus that creates ulcers that grow in the stomach lining. After taking the appropriate medication for a couple of weeks, the pain was not easing up and the throwing up was still continuing. My doctor scheduled tests at the hospital and I was growing more and more anxious waiting for that day to come.

After much pondering and being able to handle the anxious feelings I was having, I asked for a priesthood blessing. Once again, I was blessed to be healed. There were a couple of phrases that really stood out.  One said that “because of my faithfulness, I will be healed and the second one was that I was told that as soon as the hands were removed from my head, my body would start to heal itself. It was powerful and the Spirit was strong as I was reminded that my presence on this earth is important and my mission is not over. I am grateful for a strong testimony of the power of the priesthood. I know that the words that are spoken and felt as hands are placed on your head during a blessing comes from our loving Heavenly Father. I know this. I don’t only believe it…I know it. I am so grateful for the peace that is brought into an anxious heart when the Spirit touches the heart and calms the mind. I know that the adventures that I will be going through this week, the outcome will be His will. I know this but the little part of doubt seeps in and creates that anxiousness but the Spirit quickly comes in and calms everything down.

Ok…let the adventures begin. I can do this…I can!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Such a crappy adventure to have, but I know you can get through this! You are strong, and amazing, and can totally survive!