Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello…2013!

Notepad2I cannot believe that today is the beginning of a new year. It seems like last year passed by so quickly. In fact, it was like a whirlwind. I am excited for a new year. I am excited for change. I love new beginnings and start overs. As I look on this New Year, I am excited for the many things that I will be experiencing. I am hopeful that there will be many wonderful things that will bring me joy and happiness.

I have been thinking a lot of about my goals. As I look ponder the many goals that I set last year, my heart ached. I don’t think that I really accomplished any of them completely.  On the same note, as I started thinking about the things that I want to accomplish this year, I became excited for what this year will bring.  As I was contemplating the many things that I want to accomplish, I grabbed my journal and started a list of things that I want…

I want to grow more spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I want this year to be the best year that I have had so far in the many years that I have lived.

I want to grow closer to our Heavenly Father.

I want to become the best person that I can be.

I want to live up to my full potential.

I want to become a better friend to my family and friends.

I want people to feel like they are a better person when they leave my presence.

I want to become more physically fit.

I want to get out of debt so that money is not bondage.

I want to laugh more.

I want my heart to be touched in ways that bring me closer to the Spirit.

I want to feel good about myself.

I want to be more organized with items, time and stuff.

I want to smile more.

I want my faith to be unwavering.

I want to be a true follower of Christ.

I want to be a good example to others.

I want to become more knowledgeable in the gospel.

I want to become more knowledgeable in lots of things.

I want to love running. I want to run to relieve stress.

I want to be kinder in word, thought and action.

I want to attend the temple more often.

I want to trust people.

So, as I thought a lot about my wants (desires), I revised my previous goals, added some and kept some. I am excited about what 2013 will bring for me. I know that I am going to make it the best year that I have had thus far.

What are your plans for 2013?

Happy New Year!

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

This is so many goals, and I hope you reach them all. If you try them all, and become a little better in each one, that's still a huge accomplishment across the board!