Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hard Boiled Eggs baked in an oven…who would have thought?

Tonight, I was needing to boil some eggs. Not remembering the exact science of boiling eggs, I logged onto the internet to find my answers.  I found site after site sharing the “secrets” of boiling the perfect egg.  Some stated to boil them for 12 minutes and quickly place a lid on the pan and “do not touch” for 22 minutes.  Interesting…should we not touch the pan or the eggs because they are hot or is the real reason do to magical egg fairies performing their duties to create the perfect egg.  Opening the lid…might distrub them.  Hmm…I am not sure. 

As I read recipes, ideas and thoughts on the process of making the perfect boiled egg, I came across an idea that urged me to simply try it out.  Baking eggs in the oven. Hmm…who would have thought.

The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg!

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Place eggs in a muffin tin.  This will help them from rolling around inside the oven.  I chose to place the eggs in a mini cupcake pan. 

2012-09-18 20.54.59

Bake them for 30 minutes.

Remove eggs from pan and place in a bowl filled with ice and water.  Leave eggs in ice water for approximately 10 or so minutes. 

2012-09-18 22.21.57

Remove the eggs from water.

2012-09-18 22.19.33

Enjoy!!!

Hard boiled eggs baked in an oven…who would have thought?!

I will be baking them in the oven from now on.  Awesome!!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Those look perfect and delicious, the way a hard boiled egg should look. I want to try to cook some this way.

Maleen said...

The real question is, are they easy to peel??