Tuesday, October 11, 2011

S’mores Cookie Cracker Bars…so simple!

Aw…I love to find and try out new recipes.  I know that I have said that many times but it is the simple truth.  I have a passion for it. So, when I was given this recipe, I needed to try it.  (Thanks Gabby!) They looked so delicious and the recipe seemed so simple.  Let me just say…I wasn’t disappointed.

smore cracker candyS’mores Cookie Cracker Bars

12 (5x2 1/2 –inch) graham crackers
¾ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
3 cups miniature marshmallows
4 milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
(1 cup chocolate chips)

Heat oven to 350⁰F. Line 15x10x1 inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil leaving a 1-inch overhang on ends; spray foil with cooking spray. Place graham crackers onto foil so that sides touch.

Melt butter and brown sugar in medium sauce pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture just comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Pour evenly over crackers.  Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until bubbly.

Remove pan from oven; sprinkle with marshmallow and candy bar pieces. Continue baking until marshmallows begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely. Lift from pan using foil. Cut into bars.

They were so simple to make!!

Happy baking!

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

LOVED these! I have never eaten a treat that you made that I didn't like!

¡Vieve! said...

These are so delicious, and I'm glad you enjoyed! PS I'm still pretty sure yours turned out better