Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

SpongeBob-SquarePants-p34

I  have been on a blogging hiatus for exactly 76 days.  I haven’t read any blogs nor have I attempted to write anything on my blog.  I have many reasons but the one that sticks out the most is…I had so much that I wanted to share but couldn’t find the time to write.  This summer came in like a lion and left like a lamb.  I guess, I could have posted my personal journal writings on here but that wouldn't be fun for me…maybe you would find some interesting insights about me or maybe it would give you extra ammunition to use against me.  Hmmm…not a good thing for me. My decision…leave the journal writings inside my journal where they belong.  So…let’s just say that it has been 76 days and I am ready to enter the blogging world again.  I am excited to read the blogs of my family, friends and all those that I do not know but secretly stalk. 

Well, bright and early this morning(ok…it was still dark but it was early), I was at the gym.  I found the machine that I was going to spend the next 40 minutes on,  plugged my earphones into my IPOD,  found the TV show that would be my distraction for the duration of my workout, set my IPOD on the machine’s ledge and began my workout.  I was enjoying the TV show that I was watching…giggling in certain parts…just having a great time. 

Let me interrupt with an important note:  I did not realize that the screen attached to my machine was turned on…let alone the channel that it tuned into. 

So, I was about 30 minutes into my workout when something caught my attention on the screen above me..  It was a cartoon…SpongeBob Square Pants.  At that moment, I realized that anyone and everyone that walked past or peered over at my machine probably thought that I was watching this particular cartoon…giggling and have the time of my life.  Immediately, my face turned bright red and I felt like crawling underneath the treadmill.  I was so embarrassed.  Now, what was I supposed to do? Hmm…I just giggled, switched the screen off and silently prayed that NO ONE even noticed what I was watching.

Reflecting back on that memory, my face still turns a shade of red and I start to giggle but I realized something. How many times do we judge a person by what they are doing, wearing, acting, speaking or in my case…watching? 

Have a fantastic day!

~Michelle!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I hope people saw you and thought of how cool you were! People who watch cartoons with abandon are awesome - you should embrace it and start!