Friday, May 20, 2011

Please take my advice…

new iron There are certain days of the week that I am extremely busy.  On these days, I find that I don’t have a moment to spare…from the moment that I wake up until the moment that I am falling asleep, I am going non-stop.  I do enjoy these days because my life is planned out and I don’t have time to get too bored or to think too much. 

Well…on one of these particular days, I had only minutes to spare from work until I had to be at a meeting.  I decided that I didn’t want to wear a skirt to this certain meeting so I headed home.  As I ran upstairs, I knew that I needed to turn on the iron, grab my capri’s, iron them and be on my way to my meeting in less than 5 minutes.  I could do it. 

Ok.,..so, this is how it went…I ran up stairs, on the way to my bedroom, I plugged in the iron and  grabbed my capri’s.  I checked the iron…it was ready.  Wahoo!  I can do this.  As I was ironing my pants, I looked down and found that I had a spot on my shirt.  I grabbed a wash cloth and scrubbed the spot.  By doing this, I noticed that there was a wet spot on my shirt.  In my brain…because it is so creative…I did not want to have a wet spot on my shirt when I was at my meeting.  I looked at the iron and had the perfect idea pop into my creative brain.  I knew that there wasn’t any time for me to take off my shirt and dry the spot so…I grabbed the iron and…what do you think that my creative brain thought?

Yes…I ironed my shirt while I still had it on.  Yes…I know now that was the most stupid thing that I could have done.  Immediately…I started screaming.  I was in so much pain.  I had to peel clothing away from the burn.  It was horrifying.  What did I do?  I attended my meeting (trying not to move or to cause too much attention to myself).  The entire night, I was so close to tears.  It was awful.  When I arrived home, I checked the spot where I burned myself.   Remember what my ear looked like a couple of months ago?  Yes, that is what my left side of my chest looks like.  Let me tell you…my creative brain was not so creative. 

My advice to you and I really hope that you take my advice…do not iron clothes while they are still on you.  Let me tell you…it is not worth it. 

This little adventure happened two weeks ago…and it is still painful but I know that someday it will only be a little scar and I can reflect on how creative I was (or how non-intelligent) I am.  Maybe being too busy is a sign that I probably should slow down….or at least take my clothes off before I try to iron them. 

~Michelle

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Oh, Ouch Michelle. Funny, but I could see where the logic comes from. I think I could see myself trying the same thing just to save a little time. Thanks for the warning. I'm glad you are almost healed. I hate burns, they last forever.

¡Vieve! said...

I'm going to say that the burning of the boob was to say, slow down just a little. And probably, take your clothes off. But I'm still going with, slow down. I still can't believe that you burned yourself through your clothes with an iron! It makes me giggle and sad at the same time. I'm sagiggling.