Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Will there still be snow?

Awaiting in my email inbox, I found this picture.... CIMG4576

and this picture….Rotation of CIMG4577 and this picture…CIMG4573 and this picture!!CIMG4572 Yesterday, one of the Bishops in our Stake took a ride to Camp Mia Shalom.  Camp Mia Shalom is where the young women in our stake will be going in 35 days to spend one glorious week away from the world.

Guess what?  There is still lots of snow covering our camp and...we have another storm coming this week.  UGH!!!  We still have a little over  4 weeks before we drive that forever long road to spend 5 awesome days with the greatest young women in the world. Will there still be snow?  Oh, I hope not! 

Several years ago, I was serving as the ward young women’s president.  It was cold and rainy.  I was really cold and quite a few of my young women had expressed that they were cold too.  I sent a message home with a leader to call my parents and have them round up as many quilts and blankets as they could and send them up the next day with a leader.   I remembering praying so diligently that night that each one of my girls would be protected from the cold.  I was scared.  It was my first year as a young women’s president and I felt like I was not prepared for the weather.  I remember feeling the comfort that all would be well.

It was around midnight, when I heard  a knock on our cabin door.  Then, I heard a whisper,  ”Michelle...Sister Gren...” It was the brethren that were presiding over our stake.  Immediately, I thought that something had happened to one of my young women.  I jumped over cots and sleeping girls to get to the door.  I am sure it was quite the sight to see.   As I reached the porch, there stood my parents with enough blankets to keep my girls warm.  My mom and I went and covered each one of my sweet girls.  It was the most amazing experience...an experience that I will never forget.   As I placed a quilt on one of my sweet girls, she quietly responded, “I knew that you would come.  I was so cold.”  Of course, tears welled up in my eyes.  I am grateful for two sweet parents who felt the prompting to rescue their daughter and her sweet young women.  I am grateful that they made the 2 hour drive up a dark mountain in a rainstorm to be an answer to their daughter’s prayer and to the prayers of her sweet girls.  I can not even express the gratitude and love that I felt that night.  I knew that each of my sweet girls would be warm throughout the night...because my parents were so compassionate and close to the Spirit.  Thanks Mom and Dad for being such great examples to me.

As this year’s camp is growing closer...I have many worries.  Being a Stake Young Women’s President for the first time...I don’t have 26 sweet young women to worry about...I have over 200 of them to worry about.  I worry so much about each one of them.  I hope that my prayers will be heard and answered.  In fact, I know that they will.  I do have that much faith.

Have a great night!

Michelle

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I know it'll be so cold up there, but you'll totally be prepared! Just take loads of warm things!

Shelby said...

I remember that year! It was terrible! But with prayers and faith we made it through. You'll do great Michelle! You're awesome and I know you care a great deal of everyone around you, especially the Young Women you're over now. I'll pray for you guys up there!

Angela said...

That was a really neat storey Thanks for sharing. I hope we all stay warm this year

Ammie said...

You're so awesome! That's why you're the stake YW President! You were awesome when you were YW president of the ward. It's only fitting that you work with the YW!