Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I started my day OVER at 4:15 pm today!

SunCartoon[1]  You know those types of days that you seem to try with all your might and strength to be the best person that you can be…BUT …the minute your feet hit the floor…it doesn’t happen that way.  That was my day today.

I went to grab a towel prior to getting into the shower…um…no towels. (I forgot to throw my towels into the washer last night---yes, all 14 of them are in the dirty clothes!) Hand towels aren’t the greatest way to dry off!!!

I went to grab the products to straighten my hair…um…no products. (I did not want to wear my hair curly again today…natural curly hair can be such a pain sometimes.)

I decided that a cold glass of milk sounded mighty delicious this morning. So, I poured me a glass, went back upstairs, set it on my bathroom counter, turned around and knocked it off the counter into my basket of clean clothes (um…should have put them away when I folded them last night).

As I am running down my stairs…I miss a step and yes, I fall down the rest!  Such a great way to jump start your morning!! HA

Finally…after sitting a traffic jam…I arrived at work. Oh, I do not like construction!!  It took me almost 20 minutes to get to work…it is only 1 1/2 miles away.

I start working on my HUGE project that is due on Friday.  I am 4 hours into it…when my computer decides to have a mind of its own and turn off.  I am left staring at a blue screen.  I gather my research and start all over!! (After I screamed and said some unkind words!  UGH!!)

I send a text message to someone and after I hit the “send” message, I realize that I should not have sent it.  (It wasn’t anything bad…just should have kept a thought to myself.  Life is easier that way!)

By this time…I am thinking that I should NOT have gotten out of bed!!!

I grab my headphones…turn on loud music and have a pity party for a minute!!

Then… at 4:15 PM…I decide to start my day over.  (Did you know that you have the capability to start your day over at any given time?  Well, you can!) 

I left work, went to a movie and ate dinner with an awesome friend of mine. 

Life is fantastic!!!

Hope you had an awesome day!!  I did AFTER I started mine over!!

Michelle

 

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I'm gonna try that next time I have a bad day haha I have those mornings all the time and most of the time I can just laugh them off and not worry about them but there are those days where I wanna scream and rip my hair out haha definately will try that next time!

¡Vieve! said...

Thank goodness you could start your day over! I can't believe all the stuff that happened to you yesterday! Way to "keep swimming!"

Maleen said...

I had no idea your day was so terrible up to that point. You didn't show it at all when we were visiting. I know you have hard days, but you really put on a good face.

Liz M Robles said...

way to go chell, proud of you for the great attitude. Good luck in YW camp, look forward to some awesome pictures. I love the photos you choose for your blogs.