Friday, May 25, 2012

Congratulations Carissa!

I love the temple!  I love the sense of peace that fills my entire body and soul when I enter the doors to this sacred building.  2012-05-25 11.10.29This morning, I had the privilege and opportunity to drive 45 minutes to the LDS Draper Temple to attend the wedding sealing of one of my former young women. Carissa looked absolutely beautiful when she entered the room to be sealed to her sweetheart. As I sat and listened to this sacred ceremony, I reflected on the many years that I have known her.  There were many times that we laughed with each other and other times that we cried with each other.  I reflected on the times that I knelt in prayer in her behalf.  The scripture that came to my mind while I was searching all those memories was from Doctrine and Covenants 122:7 “…that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.”  I am proud of Carissa and this new chapter in her life.

After the sealing, I approached the newlyweds and congratulated them.Chris gave me hug and told me “thanks for helping Carissa get to this point in her life.”  The tears started to flow down my cheeks.  I am grateful to be apart of such an amazing experience.  Would I go through everything again…the tears…the laughter…ups & downs?  Yes, to see Carissa in the temple today brought so much peace to my heart.  Congratulations Carissa & Chris.

~Michelle 

3 comments:

Gerb said...

That is so awesome. You are this kind of influence for so many of the YW in our stake, Michelle. It is probably so great to know that you made a difference for Carissa!

¡Vieve! said...

How great to be thanked for all the effort you put forth with all these young women. What a fab day.

Angela said...

that is so special you have been a Blessing in many Young Womens Lifes