Friday, October 1, 2010

Vieve to the rescue!

I have an amazing friend, Vieve. We are awesome friends and I know that we will do about anything for each other.  That is what true friends do…right?  I am glad that we have the type of friendship that we can laugh, cry, vent, and or scream at each other and neither one of does any judging.  I know that when I tell her something…it stays with her.  I think that we have come to each other’s rescue more than once-in fact, I think that it has been many many times.  I love spending time with Vieve.  She is awesome!!  Plus, we  always seem to have an adventure when we are together…no matter where we are or what we are doing…it is an adventure. 

Let me share with you this interesting adventure that we recently had.  Vieve and I go for a walk almost every day.  We walk from work to the bridge, touch the sign, turn around and walk back to work.  Since the day was beautiful and we had some extra time, we decided to go on what we specify as the “long” walk.  Our long walk takes us along the Provo River. 

As we were crossing the bridge, my badge falls through the railing into the Provo River.  How did it happened…I have no idea.  I was not touching it nor was I playing with it.  We watched as it floated a little ways down the river We kept screaming, “STOP”.  Hmmm….like the badge has ears. Ha Ha

Finally, it lodged up against a rock.  Might I add…this badge is very important.  It unlocks the door to get into my office building and it controls how many hours I work a day.  Yes, it is extremely important. 

20100930220126

Vieve, being the awesome friend that she is, ran to the edge of the river, rolled up her pant legs and waded to where my badge was sitting.

20100930220401 

  Aw…Vieve to the rescue!  Thanks so much!!  You are awesome!

Michelle

3 comments:

Maleen said...

That is serious friendship. I always knew that I liked Vieve.

We almost named baby number 5 after her, but we thought it would give her a big head.

Plus, we thought Ives and Vieve might be too close.

I'm sure you wanted to know all that.

¡Vieve! said...

Holy cow this is too sweet! You are an amazing friend as well, and how much fun was it getting into that river? Good times are always had when we're around!

Shelby said...

I could just picture you yelling stop! Mich you're so cute! I totally miss you dear!