Sunday, October 3, 2010

“Eyes hurt…Eyes hurt!”

Photo0067 My adorable niece, Brylie, is one of my most favorite people.  I have said that many times before but it is definitely true.  She has the capability to bring complete sunshine in my life.  I love her hugs and kisses—which I get lots of them…all of the time.  She is my hero.  She has suffered with so many things in her 3 1/2 years of life but she continues to be one of the most happiest people that I know.  I love spending at much time possible with her. 

Tonight, Jess and I were making dinner at Mom & Dad’s house.  Jess, Brylie and I were at the island preparing dinner.  I was chopping onions.  The onions that I was chopping was so potent…tears were running down my face.  Tears were running down Jess’s face.  It was crazy.  I don’t think that I have ever had to chop an onion that was so strong.  UGH!!   Anyway, we were laughing because we looked like we were crying.  All of a sudden we hear, “Eyes…hurt!  Eyes hurt!”  It was Brylie.  She had tears running down her face.  Oh, the poor thing.  I was so worried about my eyes and how they were hurting that I didn’t even think of how strong they were to Brylie’s.  We grabbed her a towel to wipe the tears off.  We tried to have her go in the other room with her dad but she would not have that.   She was there to help prepare dinner and she was not leaving.  Oh, she is such a trooper!!  Brylie…you are the best!!  I love you tons!!

~Michelle

3 comments:

Maleen said...

I think onions are not as strong if you keep them in the fridge. At least the ones that always make me cry are the ones I have on the counter.

¡Vieve! said...

That story is so sad with the burning but I can't help but laugh so hard at it! Little B is such a cutie!

Jess said...

That was too funny!! I didn't even think about it hurting her eyes at all!!! She thought it was pretty funny when we started laughing about it:)