Thursday, March 5, 2015

Numbing drops…wished that they would have worked.

It has been a couple of weeks and lots of happened. I am grateful for a loving family and amazing friends who have been right by my side as I struggle through the things that have happened. My heart is filled with so much gratitude lately that when I think of the blessings that have been poured upon me, my heart starts to feel those amazing warm fuzzies and tears seem to fall gently down my face. Let me back up a couple of weeks and share some of my thoughts.

On Friday, February 27th, I went in for another eye surgery. The right eye has been healing at an amazing rate so it was time to move to the left eye. When I met with the surgeon, he told me that I didn’t need to worry about the left eye hurting so much and the vision would return sooner because it was going to be less evasive than the previous surgery.

Hmm…it was definitely the opposite. I felt almost everything that went on. They tried numbing my eye and numbing it again and numbing it again. It was not numbing at all!!! Then, the surgeon started…slice!

I felt the razor blade slice my eye-I jerked.

More numbing drops added.

I felt the tweezers as they pulled the tissue off my eye…OK...NOW I AM FREAKING OUT!!!

More numbing drops…

I could feel it. The surgeon was trying is hardest to numb the eye but for some reason, the drops were not numbing it. He kept telling me that my eye wasn’t settling down.

Duh?! Would you settle down if you were feeling everything?

Finally, it was over and I was in a great amount of pain. He told me that my tears would be bloody but not to worry about it too much. It is just the eye trying to heal itself. He sent me home with pain meds and antibiotics.

I was in pain.

I did have bloody tears

I cried.

I cried some more.

I snuggled next to my mom…and cried some more. Finally, after I calmed down…I will admit, I am a wimp when it comes to pain. I do not like it. NOT ONE BIT!!

But…finally, as the pain meds kicked in (as much as they could), I snuggled up in my new favorite blanket (Thank you Mischelle for the most amazing comforting blanket that you made for me) and ate a bowl of my mom’s delicious chicken soup. Comfort of home is exactly where I needed to be.

I am so glad that day is over and my vision is slowly returning to normal. It has been a trial and I am not sure what I am supposed to learn from it but I know that I draw closer to our Heavenly Father, it will come and I will be blessed for enduring.20150227_133626 (3)

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Ouch, your poor eye! I hope they heal quickly and the pain leaves completely and the blurriness goes away! At least now with this, both eyes are done, and you'll have perfect vision.

Maleen said...

That actually sounds horrific. I can't even imagine being able to feel a procedure like that. You are so brave. I hope you heal quickly.