Saturday, July 5, 2014

Whale Watching...


Day 93…

 


For some reason today my thoughts turned to an adventure that I went on a very long time ago.  One of my roommates in college was getting married and I decided (along with one of my other roommates) to fly to Portland to witness her wedding.  It was a fun and exciting trip.  While we were there, we decided to go whale watching.  I was so excited.  I had never had this type of adventure before.  We boarded the whale watching boat and I could feel the excitement and the endorphins running throughout my whole system.  I couldn’t wait to see a whale!  Then it happened…

Nauseous.

Turning Green.

Throwing up.

Total embarrassment…but thank goodness, another guy on the boat was doing the exact same thing…I wasn’t alone in my misery.

I missed the entire adventure.  I was so sick.  I thought that I was going to pass out.  Depoe Bay will always remind me of this sad little adventure.  BUT…my roommate captured some amazing pictures.  Thank goodness for cameras!!!  J  Oh…how I wanted to see those whales swimming and diving into the ocean. 

Another time.

Another day.

Grateful to be alive!
 
~Michelle

No comments: