Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Being polished…

Tonight as I was studying, I came across a quote by Elder Richard G. Scott.

polished rocks

Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit.

As I read it, I felt this indescribable feeling enter my heart and fill my whole body. I sat there for the longest time feeling this amazing peace. I didn’t want to end. I just wanted to relish in the moment and feel the way that I was feeling. I just need to remember that when I am going through a trial and it isn’t because of disobedience…that I am just being polished.

~Michelle

No comments: